If you’re often tired during the day, this video is for you.
New research showed that you could have up to a 54% increased risk of developing alzheimer’s, parkinsons, or dementia, due to to something that’s treatable.
The culprit is sleep apnea, and-
“But i don’t have sleep apnea”
Oh yeah? When was the last time you watched yourself sleep?
Research has shown that 80-90% of sleep apnea goes undiagnosed. But it’s not hard.
I’ll cover some apps that can help, but first let’s right now take a simple short quiz that’s been clinically validated to help diagnose it. And note that even if this doesn’t apply to you, if you have a friend or parent that you think it might apply to please share this with them!
The quiz is called STOP-BANG 🤨. Let’s do it.
- Do you Snore, loud enough to be heard through a closed door or have a bed partner elbow you awake?
- Do you often feel really Tired during the day?
- Has anyone observed you stop breathing, choking, or gasping during sleep?
- Do you have or are being treated for High Blood Pressure?
- Is your BMI over 35?
- Here’s the formula you can screenshot, but i’ll also link a calculator
- Is your Age over 50?
- Is you Neck size large? Shirt collar 16 or more inches
- Are you Male?
Here’s how to score it.
And for us high-tech folks, there are some apps that will pull an Edward and creepily listen to you as you sleep, measuring your breathing patterns, gasps, snores, etc. Two I’ve used are Sleep Cycle and SnoreLab–no affiliation– but there are others. (links to th
If you are at risk, talk to your doctor!